I got an email from friend Olivier Dombey, Chief Information Officer of HotelTravel.com, an hotel booking site based in Phuket, Thailand. He is looking for a social media addict to help promote HotelTravel.com, and get this: you have to move to Phuket, Thailand.
Olivier used to live in Beijing, and loved living in China. It is exciting being in the center of one of the most important stories of our time: the rise of China. But there are some downsides.
But then he decided to change his surroundings, and moved to Phuket. Unfortunately, he is a bit removed from the center of the China story, but there are some compensatory aspects of living in Phuket.
..or Peaceful life?
photo credit: Shelby PDX under CC
And that, my friends, is the dilemma we all face, isn’t it?
If you are willing to forego the excitement of China for the chance to feed your social media addiction in a place like Phuket, read on:
Social Media Manager/Strategist
Experience: Mid level managerial
Functions: Strategy/Planning, Online Marketing, Information Technology, Other
Industries: B2C Online Marketing and Advertising, Travel
Report: Chief Information Officer
Before reading any further, you must be able to answer a resounding and confident “yes, I can” to the following questions, and be able to substantiate each:
- Do you eat, sleep and breathe social media?
- Seriously, do you dream in 140 characters?
- Can you think bigger than Facebook and Twitter and put together integrated B2C social media campaigns and solutions that are miles ahead of the competition?
- Can you map out the relationships between B2C social media opportunities, how they fit with one another, what are they respective strengths and weaknesses, and how each could be maximised to enhance our company’s social media campaigns, website and blog?
- Do you have enough sensibility to modulate the tone of your postings/messages according to your audience?
- Are you able to grow revenue streams though social media and in time deliver a positive ROI?
- Do you have the social media inner fire burning in you? The one that gives you your daily torrent of adrenaline, the one that makes you a winner when you pass-smash your targets?
- Can you walk the talk? Anyone can dream up a strategy, what counts is its execution. Can you?
- If you have been honest with yourself and gave yourself the thumbs up for each the above self-testing questions
- If you firmly believe that you are such a social media innovator and animal
- If you believe you have the passion, energy, innovation, knowledge and skills to be our social media face
- If you can get your hands dirty and execute what you preach
- And if you can prove it all with an impeccable track record of successful past experience
Then, we want to talk to you…
HotelTravel.com has an immediate opening for such an innovative, driven, hands-on Social Media Manager/Strategist.